- Our Approach
- Our Services
- Contact Us
A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s impacts the entire family in many ways. Seniors often experience fear, anger, and sadness as they anticipate things to come. Family members might feel a sense of loss, hopelessness, and uncertainty as they consider ways to support ageing in place while balancing their own needs and keeping their loved ones safe.
At Home Care Assistance our in-home memory care programs provide support for seniors and their families. If you are considering Alzheimer ‘s care options for your loved one, or if you are a Carer in need of respite, Home Care Assistance specialty in-home care for Alzheimer ‘s is for you.
Our Caregivers Can Help
If you are considering Alzheimer ‘s care options for your loved one, or if you are a Carer in need of respite, Home Care Assistance specialty in-home care for Alzheimer ‘s is for you. Our dedicated caregivers can:
- Create a safe, comfortable home environment that allows your loved one to remain in a familiar setting and avoid agitation
- Reduce the risks of falls and other injuries through dedicated supervision. Our caregivers can be available 24/7 to ensure safety even in the event of wandering, sundowning or other events
- Provide the necessary social interactions to keep our clients’ minds sharp. Home Care Assistance is also the exclusive provider of the Cognitive Therapeutics Method, a ground-breaking activity regimen that can enhance mental acuity as well as delay onset and slow the progression of symptoms of cognitive decline.
- Enhance our clients’ mood and combat depression through companionship
- Help maintain the household, provide healthy meals and maintain a sanitary environment
- Build a long-term relationship with your loved one, so you won’t need to manage an unfamiliar new face every week
- Provide regular status reporting and feedback on the client’s mood, physical and mental health and daily activities
- Contribute to an improved overall quality of life for the client and loved ones
Just as important, family members receive updates about their loved one’s care that includes detailed notes on daily activities, progress, setbacks, and changes. These updates make it easier for families to stay informed and involved while taking care of themselves, meeting their own needs, and enjoying more productive, high-quality lives.
Flexible Care to Meet the Changing Needs of Seniors with Alzheimer’s
As Alzheimer’s progresses, a senior’s care needs typically change. This sometimes happens gradually. At other times, it occurs without much warning. At Home Care Assistance, our flexible scheduling ensures seniors are never without essential care when they need it most.
Our Alzheimer’s carers are available day and night, part-time, and even around the clock to assist with more advanced needs. Services can be increased or decreased at any time, and there is never a fee assessed for making scheduling changes.
Revolutionary Memory Care Enhances Quality of Life
Enhancing quality of life through every stage of Alzheimer’s leads to better outcomes and helps seniors feel valued. At Home Care Assistance, our carers receive extensive training in our proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method. Implementing this method into care plans engages clients in meaningful activities and promotes mental acuity, which has been scientifically proven to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. This training is one of many that our Alzheimer’s carers participate in as part of our goal to enhance the home care experience and change the outlook on ageing for every client we serve.
Seniors and their families never have to feel hopeless after a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. Home Care Assistance is here to help with effective, empowering Alzheimer’s care programs in the comfort of home. Learn More About The Cognitive Therapeutics Method.
See What Our Happy Clients Have to Say
"Please extend my thanks to Susan (the caregiver) and her dog, I had a very unusual talk with my mom yesterday in that this was the first call in years where she was so relaxed and so happy with her day and it was clearly due to Susan and her dog."
Maureen D. ,Therapist and Clinical SupervisorView All Testimonials
Compassion with excellence. The best Home care in Brisbane
Michelle Lye ,View All Testimonials